Intestinal Colic, Lumbago, Nervine Disorders, Dyspepsia
About Dhootapapeshwar Vishtinduk Vati
Dhooptapeshwar established in the pre independence in the state of Maharastra. It has established it self as a unique product in the ayurveda market. Batch to batch performance and complete purity and safety are assured through the application of advanced pharmaceutical technology at every stage of manufacture. ISO 9001: 2000 certification awarded for design, manufacture and marketing of herbal health care products. Dhooptapeshwar uses the tools of modern science to create pharmaceutical-grade Ayurveda products. Today, these products have found acceptance with medical fraternities and serve the health and personal care needs of consumers in global markets.
Vishtinduk Vati is Ayurvedic medicine in tablet form which is used to treat various ailments of different types such as digestive problems, nerve disorders, sexual problems and liver related problems. It is prepared from Vishtinduk (Strichnus Nux-vomica). It is a nerve tonic and very useful in treating nerve pain and disorders. Vishtinduk Vati is a nervine and cardiac stimulant. It is beneficial for treating neuralgia, facial paralysis, and local paralysis. It also has analgesic property. However, it is mainly indicated in lumbago (a low backache) and abdominal pain. It increases the inspiratory capacity of lungs by stimulating respiratory centers in the medulla oblongata and pons (parts of the brainstem). It exerts positive chronotropic and inotropic effects on the heart. Due to this, it increases heart rate and improves the force of heart contractions. It can also increase blood pressure due to its stimulant action. So, it is indicated in hypotension (low blood pressure).
Ingredients of Dhootapapeshwar Vishtinduk Vati
1. Vishtinduk (Strichnus Nux-vomica) - The powdered seeds are employed in atonic dyspepsia. The tincture of Nux omica is often used in mixtures - for its stimulant action on the gastro-intestinal tract. In the mouth it acts as a bitter, increasing appetite; it stimulates peristalsis, in chronic constipation due to atony of the bowel it is often combined with cascara and other laxatives with good effects. Strychnine, the chief alkaloid constituent of the seeds, also acts as a bitter, increasing the flow of gastric juice; it is rapidly absorbed as it reaches the intestines, after which it exerts its characteristic effects upon the central nervous system, the movements of respiration are deepened and quickened and the heart slowed through excitation of the vagal centre. The senses of smell, touch, hearing and vision are rendered more acute, it improves the pulse and raises blood pressure and is of great value as a tonic to the circulatory system in cardiac failure. Strychnine is excreted very slowly and its action is cumulative in any but small doses; it is much used as a gastric tonic in dyspepsia. The most direct symptom caused by strychnine is violent convulsions due to a simultaneous stimulation of the motor or sensory ganglia of the spinal cord; during the convulsion there is great rise in blood pressure; in some types of chronic lead poisoning it is of great value. In cases of surgical shock and cardiac failure large doses are given up to 1/10 grain by hypodermic injection; also used as an antidote in poisoning by chloral or chloroform. Brucine closely resembles strychnine in its action, but is slightly less poisonous, it paralyses the peripheral motor nerves. It is said that the convulsive action characteristic of strychnine is absent in brucine almost entirely. It is used in pruritis and as a local anodyne in inflammations of the external ear.
Indications of Dhootapapeshwar Vishtinduk Vati
3. Intestinal Colic
5. Local Paralysis
6. Acute Nerve Pain
7. Sexual Debility
8. Erectile Dysfunction
11. Liver Congestion
12. Enlargement of the Spleen
Dosage of Dhootapapeshwar Vishtinduk Vati
Take 1 tablet twice a day or as directed by physician.
Precautions of Dhootapapeshwar Vishtinduk Vati
- Accidental overdosage may cause poisonous effect.
- It contains as Strychus Nuxvomica as ingredient. Hence,on over dosage it can have ill effects.
- It is to be avoided during pregnancy, lactation and in children.
- High dose may worsen gastritis.
- The antidote is ghee.
- It should be kept out of reach of children.
Terms and Conditions
We have assumed that you have consulted a physician before purchasing this medicine and are not self medicating.