Beneficial in Digestive Problems, Nausea, Heartburn, Asthma, Bronchitis.
About Kapardak Bhasma (Varatika Bhasma)
In Ayurveda, Cowrie is known by many names such as Varata, Varatika, Kapardik, Kapardika etc. They are mainly of three types based on colour red, white and yellow. The one which has yellowish tinge, nodules on the back and oval in shape is called Varatika and used for medicinal purpose.Cowrie commonly refers to the external shell of sea animal Cyprea moneta (commonly known as money cowry) found in coastal areas of the Indo-Pacific sea. In ancient times, cowries were used as money. They are also used for making ornaments. Chemically, it is Carbonate of Calcium.In Ayurveda, Varatika is used as a powder obtained by calcination of cowries. It is known as Kapardika or Varatika Bhasma.It a mineral drug of animal origin. It has antacid, alterative, diuretic, anti-diarrheic, digestive and expectorant properties.Kapardak Bhasma is used in treatment of Indigestion, Dyspepsia, Abdominal Pain, Peptic Ulcer, Sprue Syndrome, Intestinal tuberculosis, Cataract, Otorrhea, Enlarged spleen, liver, Asthma and Cough.It is also used externally as caustic in various forms of ointments.
Ingredients of Kapardaka Bhasm
- Lemon juice (Nimbu ka ras)
Uses of Kapardak Bhasma
- Digestive Stimulant
- Aam Pachak (Detoxifier)
Therapeutic Indications of Kapardak Bhasma
- Abdominal pain
- Duodenal ulcer
- Loss of appetite
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Sour taste of the mouth
- Dyspepsia (indigestion)
- OtorrheaKapardak Bhasma Uses & Benefits of Kapardak Bhasma
Dosage of Kapardak Bhasma
- 250 mg to 500 mg twice a day.
- Must be taken along with lemon juice or ghee or even honey.
Precautions of Kapardak Bhasma
- This medicine should only be taken under strict medical supervision.
- Self medication with this medicine may prove to be dangerous.
- Over-dosage may cause severe side effects.
- It should be very carefully used during pregnancy, lactation and in children, only if found very necessary by the prescribing doctor.
- Take this medicine in precise dose and for limited period of time, as advised by doctor.
- Keep out of reach and sight of children.
- Store in a dry cool place.
Terms and Conditions
We have assumed that you have consulted a physician before purchasing this medicine and are not self medicating.