Useful in Cough, Respiratory Diseases, Asthma, Bronchitis,cold
4.5 (cm) x 4.5 (cm) x 9 (cm)
Tankan Bhasma (Calcined Borax or Suhaga) is an ayurvedic-calcined formulation prepared from borax powder. In ayurveda, Tankan Bhasma or calcine borax is used for productive cough, breathing problems, wheezing, bronchitis, abdominal pain, menses pain, dandruff, bad breath and foul-smelling urine.Ingredients (Composition) of Baidyanath Tankan Bhasma
Borax (Suhaga in Hindi) is only ingredient of Tankan Bhasma.Medicinal Properties of Baidyanath Tankan Bhasma
Tankan Bhasma has following healing properties.
- Expectorant – main action
- Digestive Stimulant
- Fat Burner
- Antimicrobial – this action appears in Urinary Infections
- Productive Cough
- Breathing Problems with Wheezing
- Chest Congestion
- Abdominal pain
- Bad Breath
- Foul-Smelling Urine
- Urinary Tract Infections
- Children-50 to 125 mg
- Adults-125 to 500 mg
- Geriatric(Old age)-125 to 250 mg
- It increases Pitta and hence may cause burning sensation in few people. Hence care should be taken while administering this in gastritis and peptic ulcer patients.
- It is not recommended during pregnancy.It is used in children. Consult a doctor for its use during lactation period.
- Tankan Bhasm is having Kshara properties. Medicines with such Kshara properties are not used for long periods of time (more than 2 months) in men seeking infertility treatment.
- Long term usage of this can cause oligospermia.
We have assumed that you have consulted a physician before purchasing this medicine and are not self medicating.