Acts well in Gastritis, Dyspepsia, Abdominal Pain, Vomiting, Bloating, Pitta Is Lower
2.5 (cm) x 2.5 (cm) x 6.5 (cm)
About Sutshekhar Ras No 1 (Swarna Yukta)
Sutshekhar Ras No 1 (Swarna Yukta) (also spelled as Sootshekhar Rasa) is an important medicine in tablet or powder form used in ayurveda, which acts on PITTA DOSHA and reduces symptoms like heartburn, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, epigastric tenderness, hiccup, fever, breathing troubles, headache etc.
Ingredients (Composition) of Sutshekhar Ras No 1 (Swarna Yukta)
- Shuddha Parad
- Shuddha Gandhak
- Tankan Bhasma
- Shuddha Vatsanabha (Indian Aconite) – Aconitum Ferox
- Swarna Bhasma
- Tamra Bhasma
- Shankh Bhasma
- Sonth (dried ginger) – Zingiber Officinal
- Kali Mirch (Black Pepper) – Piper Nigrum
- Pippali (Long Pepper) – Piper Longum
- Shuddha Datura Seed – Datura Metel
- Dalchini (Cinnamon) – Cinnamomum Zeylanicum
- Tejpata (Indian Bay Leaf) – Cinnamomum Tamala
- Nagkesar – Mesua Ferrea
- Elaichi (Cardamom) – Elettaria Cardamomum
- Bael (Bilva)– Aegle Marmelos
- Kachur (Zedoary) – Curcuma Zedoaria
- Bhringraj Juice – Eclipta Alba
Medicinal Properties of Sutshekhar Ras No 1 (Swarna Yukta)
- Aam Pachak (Detoxifier)
- Digestive Stimulant
- Cholagogue (promotes the discharge of bile)
Therapeutic Indications of Sutshekhar Ras No 1 (Swarna Yukta)
- Indigestion or Dyspepsia
- Excess acid formation in the stomach
- Peptic Ulcer
- Heartburn with burning sensation or linked with vertigo
- Abdominal pain
- Burning sensation in the abdomen
- Nausea and vomiting
- Motion sickness (nausea or vomiting during travelling)
- Dry Cough (Vata and Pitta type of cough)
- Irritable bowel syndrome linked with Pitta aggravation
- Diarrhea with burning sensation
- Sour taste of mouth or sour throat
- Poor appetite linked with indigestion or dyspepsia
- Fever (as antipyretic for high grade fever)
- Schizophrenia linked with Pitta aggravation
- Hepatitis – all types (also very useful in hepatitis B and C)
- Tachycardia (increased heart rate)
- Somniloquy (sleep-talking)
Benefits & Medicinal Uses of Sutshekhar Ras No 1 (Swarna Yukta)
As per above list, Sutshekhar Ras No 1 (Swarna Yukta) has wide range of indications. Its main action is on Pitta and Vata dosha and can be used in all diseases with aggravation of Pitta and Vata that are related with following organs:
- All organs of abdomen – stomach, liver, small intestine, large intestine, colon, pancreas, spleen, and gall bladder.
- Heart and blood vessels
- Brain and nerves
Gastritis, Hyperacidity, GERD, Heartburn, Acid Reflux
Sutshekhar Ras No 1 (Swarna Yukta) reduces the increased sourness and sharpness or penetrating powder of Pitta. These things are responsible for increasing acid production in the stomach and increasing the sensitivity of the gastric mucosa. The increased sensitivity leads to inflammation of the lining of the stomach, which is called gastritis. Same things occur in hyperacidity, heartburn, GERD or indigestion, but the mechanism may be different. For example, in heartburn and GERD, acid backs up into the food pipe due to irritated esophageal sphincter. The continuous irritation of the sphincter leads to its malfunctions. This irritation occurs due to increased sharpness of the Pitta dosha, according to ayurveda.
As Sutshekhar Ras No 1 (Swarna Yukta) acts on these things and restores the balance, so gives relief from all gastric diseases occurring due to this. Therefore, it is highly useful in hyperacidity, gastritis, GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease), or acid reflux. It soothes the gastric mucosa, and linings of the oesophagus, and esophageal sphincter, which helps to reduce their irritation and ultimately cures these problems.
Loss of Appetite
Sutshekhar Ras No 1 (Swarna Yukta) is a good remedy when loss of appetite is linked with Pitta conditions like heartburn, acid reflux, or hyperacidity as discussed above. It maintains and restores the natural balance in acid secretion and reduces gastric irritation. The second action also appears on the mind and improves the desire to eat.
Many people with liver disorders also reported poor appetite. If Pitta is the main condition in other associated symptoms, then Sutshekhar Ras No 1 (Swarna Yukta) is useful. If condition is likely to be Kapha, then Arogyavardhini Vati is more beneficial.
Motion Sickness (Travel Sickness)
Sutshekhar Ras No 1 (Swarna Yukta) is highly effective medicine for motion sickness. If it is taken half an hour before travelling, it prevents nausea, vomiting, upset stomach, feeling of restlessness, and dizziness.
Primary Dysmenorrhea (Spasmodic Dysmenorrhea)
Sutshekhar Ras No 1 (Swarna Yukta) has antispasmodic action. It also regulates the muscle functions and balances the Vata and Pitta disturbances in the abdomen including pelvic region. It reduces sharp cramps in the abdomen and pelvis that occur at the start of menstrual flow. According to ayurveda, this type of pain is linked with mainly Vata, but also associated with Pitta, so Sutshekhar Ras No 1 (Swarna Yukta) is drug of choice for this in ayurveda. In acute cases, Praval Pishti should also be given along with Sutshekhar Ras No 1 (Swarna Yukta).
Somniloquy (Sleep Talking)
According to ayurveda, disturbance in Vata and Pitta balance can cause aggressive types of dreams. High grade fever also causes similar symptom. However, in fever, Sutshekhar Ras No 1 (Swarna Yukta) Gold lowers body temperature and relaxes the mind, which gives relief from sleep talking in fever.
When Somniloquy occurs in sleep disorders, its most common cause is disturbed dreams, which are due to aggravated vata and pitta. Sutshekhar Ras No 1 (Swarna Yukta) pacifies Vata and Pitta, which helps in inducing soothing feeling, relaxes the mind, reduces stress and ultimately gives relief from the sleep talking and results in sound sleep.
Headache & Migraine
Sutshekhar Ras No 1 (Swarna Yukta) gives relief from headache and migraine. In particular, it provides relief from Vata and Pitta type headache characterized with following symptoms:
- Throbbing pain
- Pulsating pain
- Migrating pain from front to back of the head
- Shooting pain
- Burning pain
- Penetrating pain
- Burning sensation in head or eyes
- Pain worsen with hot sun, bright light or high temperature or by spicy food
Dosage of Sutshekhar Ras No 1 (Swarna Yukta)
- 125 – 250 mg once or twice a day, before or after food or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor. It is traditionally administered along with hot water and betel leaf.
Precautions of Sutshekhar Ras No 1 (Swarna Yukta)
- Self medication with this medicine may prove to be dangerous, since it contains heavy metal ingredient.
- Take this medicine in precise dose and for limited period of time, as advised by doctor.
- Over-dosage may cause sever poisonous effect.
- It is best avoided in pregnancy, lactation and in children.
- Keep out of reach and sight of children.
- Store in a dry cool place.
We have assumed that you have consulted a physician before purchasing this medicine and are not self medicating.