Used in malarial, blood purifier , diseases of eyes, high temperature
3.7 (cm) x 3.7 (cm) x 5.6 (cm)
About Sphatika BhasmaSphatika Bhasma is an Ayurvedic medicine in powder form, used in the leucoderma, Piles, Skin infections etc. In Ayurvedic terms, it is categorized as one among Uparasa. Sphatika is a type of mineral that is produced from earth and is known as “Alum” as per modern terminology. This is basically of two types red and white..In ancient times Sphatika was used for the treatment of tonsillitis. It was discovered that the disease was more frequent amongst the group of male children (11 - 20 years). Sphatika had a marked effect on treatment of tonsillitis in times dependant upon Ayurveda. The various symptoms started to decrease in just a day or two after commencement of therapy. Sphatika being kasaya, katu, tikta, usna and jwara-hara in its essential actions, it is also used to reduce the inflammation of the tonsils, thereby regulating the increased body temperature. Sphatika`s antibiotic activity brilliantly subdues further multiplication of the pathogens within the body.Ayurveda describes Sphatika as an essential astringent, haemostatic and an antiseptic. It has anti-inflammatory, anti-pyretic and antibiotic properties, quite a handful when speaking in terms of treatment of tonsillitis in Ayurveda. It is also known that in yesteryears, a fine powder of purified Sphatika was used for local application over tonsils and faucets thrice daily before meals. In likewise manner, 1 gm of Sphatika dissolved in half cup lukewarm water was taken internally.
Ingredients of Sphatika Bhasma
- Alum (Sphatika)
- Gharit Kumari
- Bhang ka ras
Indications of Sphatika Bhasma
- It is useful in abnormal bleeding from uterus.
- It acts as the blood purifier.
- Useful in wounds and skin diseases like leucoderma.
- Use of this medicine is quite effective in the respiratory complications like cough, bronchitis, pneumonia, chronic coughing, whooping cough and asthma.
- Lower back ache.
- It is used for the treatment of menorrhagia.
- Blood vomiting
- It is used in ulcers with burning sensation and gastritis.
- It is used to cure gynecological issues like leucorrhea and vaginal itching etc.
- Used in the treatment of leucoderma and herpes etc.
- Malarial fever, chronic fever and jaundice.
- Eye diseases.
- Constricts blood vessels and tissues.
- Sphatika is known to bring about reduction in various types of inflammations.
- This is also known for its ability to cures dry as well as wet cough.
- Sphatika is also used to cure chronic cough.
- This is also beneficial in asthma.
- This is also beneficial in pneumonia.
- Sphatika is also helpful as it reduces the levels of toxins in the body thus is known to be having a purifying effect.
- Sphatika is also useful in various types of conditions resulted due to the consumption of various types of poisons.
- This is also useful in the condition of obstructive urination.
- Sphatika maintains a balance between all the three Doshas in the body.
- This is also known to benefit in various types of skin ailments.
- This is found to be of great use for the purpose of treatment in leprosy.
- Sphatika is known to be having blood purifying effect on our body. Thus it is known to cleanse the body by means of flushing away the toxins.
- Sphatika is also very well known for the anti microbial property of it. This is known for producing an anti microbial effect on not only the region where it is used but also on the entire body.
- Sphatika is found to be very beneficial in children suffering from whooping cough.
- Sphatika is also known for its use in the treatment of different types of plagues.
- Sphatika is also known to cure malaria.
- Sphatika is also beneficial for the treatment of fevers of various origins.
- This is extremely beneficial in various types of eye disorders.
- Sphatika is also used for the purpose of wound disinfection.
- Benefits women suffering from excessive menstrual bleeding.
- Due to its haemostatic property Sphatika is used in a large number of bleeding disorders.
Take 125 – 250 mg, one or two times a day
- It is advisable to take this medicine only under medical supervision, especially for children, pregnant and lactating mothers.
- Take this medicine only in prescribed dosage for particular time period only.
- Store in a cool dry place.
- Keep out of reach and sight of children.
We have assumed that you have consulted a physician before purchasing this medicine and are not self medicating.