Used in Constipation, Colic, Indigestion, Lack of Appetite, Digestive Weakness
Also known as
4.6 (cm) x 4.6 (cm) x 9 (cm)
Panchsakar Churna is herbal Ayurvedic medicine mentioned in the Ayurveda Sarsangraha. This medicine is useful for dealing with constipation, piles and other abdominal diseases. Panchsakar Churna is prepared from five ingredients which are mixed in equal ratio. The five powdered ingredients that are used to prepare this Ayurvedic formulation are senna leaves, haritaki, adrak, saunf and sendha namak.
All five ingredients are well known for managing digestive weakness, constipation, low appetite and associated health issue that occur due to impaired digestion and accumulation of toxins in body. Senna, Harad, Saunf have ability to soften stool and thus helps to deal with constipation. Ginger and Rock salt improves bile flow and appetite. Since the medicine has laxative, purgative properties so overdose of this medicine can cause loose motion. As it contains salt, so it should be used cautiously in high blood pressure patients.Ingredients of Panchsakar Churna
- Shunti–Ginger–Zingiber officinalis
- Swarnapatri–Senna leaves–Cassia angustifolia
- Shatapushpa–Anethum sowa
- Balaharitaki–Unripe fruits of Terminalia chebula
- Saindhava Lavana–Rock salt
- Panchsakar Churna has laxative, purgative and carminative (gives relief in gas) activities.
- Panchsakar Churna is famous medicine for dealing with Kabaz or Constipation.
- Panchsakar Churna is useful in managing abdominal diseases.
- Panchsakar Churna is a useful formulation for managing constipation and piles/haemorrhoids.
- Panchsakar Churna improves digestive strength and thus useful in indigestion.
- Panchsakar Churna also gives relief in gas, abdominal bloating and colic pain.
- The other condition which are managed by use of this formulation are assimilatory disorder, rheumatic conditions, all diseases of Kapha Dosha origin, improves functioning of liver, in hyperacidity, heart burn and acidic belching. It provides an antidote for pungent food and promotes the elimination of toxins, supports intestinal immunity and balances tridosha (Vata, Pitta and Kapha).
- 1 – 2 grams given along with warm water or milk once or twice a day before or after food or as directed by your doctor.
- Higher dose of this medicine may lead to diarrhoea.
- People with high BP should exercise special precaution while taking this medicine.
We have assumed that you have consulted a physician before purchasing this medicine and are not self medicating.