Acts well in Diarrhoea, Dysentery, Cholera, Dyspepsia and Indigestion
Mustharishtam, Mustarishtam, Mustakadyarishta
6.5 (cm) x 6.5 (cm) x 19 (cm)
Mustakarishta is a very effective Ayurvedic medicine. It is a liquid product. Bitter sweet in taste. Mustarishta is used to treat digestive complaints like diarrhoea, indigestion, etc. It is also known by the terms – Mustakarishta, Mustarishta, Mustarishtam, Mustakadyarishta.
- Musta – Cyperus rotundus
- Coarse powder of Musta
- Dhataki – Woodfordia fruticosa
- Yamani – Trachyspermum ammi
- Fenugreek seeds
- Chitraka – Plumbago zeylanica
- White Caraway seeds
Mustakarishta can be used in the treatment of the following conditionsLack of appetite
Mustakarishta can be used to improve the appetite of patients suffering from acute and chronic diseases. Treating these patients with Mustakarishta on a regular basis can improve their appetite and help in the prevention of complications arising due to the low intake of food. The increased appetite also helps to prevent the risk of deficiencies and allows them to recover faster from the illness. It also helps them to get back to the routine life feeling energetic.Digestive problems
Mustakarishta can be used to improve the digestive strength. It acts as a tonic for the digestive system and helps in treating gastrointestinal disturbances. It promotes the breakdown of food. It is commonly used in the cases of gastroenteritis, in which patients experience severe vomiting with diarrhea. This medicine provides relief from these symptoms and helps to maintain the energy levels. It also increases the ability of patients to perform their routine activities.Mustakarishta can be used to get rid of flatulence, loose motions, indigestion, and abdominal pain. It acts as an astringent and reduces loose motions.Malabsorption syndrome
Mustakarishta has been found to be effective in the treatment of Malabsorption syndrome. It works by boosting the functions of the digestive tract thereby increasing the absorption of vitamins and minerals from the food.Irritable Bowel Syndrome
The symptoms of Irritable Bowel Syndrome can be controlled by regular use of this medicine. However, though Mustakarishta is indicated for the treatment of Irritable Bowel Syndrome, patients should start taking it in a low dose as in some cases the stomach is unable to tolerate the spices used its preparation. They can start taking the regular doses once their body has adapted to the herbs.Dosage of Mustakarishta
- Its consumption should be 12 - 24 ml once or twice a day after food, or as instructed by Ayurvedic doctor.
- In case of Children above 7 years of age it is safe to use this medicine in lower dose only.
- Mustakarishta is prepared from pure natural herbs. It does not contain any harmful chemicals. Hence, it does not cause any side effects. However, using this medicine in very high doses may result in gastric irritation and loose motions.
- These side effects are mild in nature and can be easily prevented by avoiding the higher doses.
- The effect of this medicine on the fetus, when used by a pregnant woman, is not fully known.
- Also, there is no evidence to prove the safety of this medication when it is used by the breastfeeding women. Hence, women should consult a doctor before using Mustakarishta during these phases.
- Store it in tightly closed amber colored bottle, in a cool place and protect it from light and moisture.
We have assumed that you have consulted a physician before purchasing this medicine and are not self medicating.