Useful in Urinary Disorders, Boosts metabolism and nourishes the body
6.5 (cm) x 6.5 (cm) x 19 (cm)
Chandanasava is a good Ayurvedic medicine for night fall, strength and digestion. Chandana means sandalwood, which is the main ingredient of this medicine. It is an Ayurvedic wine preparation. It contains 5 – 10 % of self generated alcohol.Usually in any Asava or arishta, one sweetening agent is used. But in Chandanasav, two are used in 2:1 combination of sugar candy and jaggery.Indications of Baidyanath Chandanasava
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTI)
- Burning Micturition
- Kidney Stones (Renal Calculi)
- Chronic Kidney Failure
- Pyospermia (Leukocytospermia)
- Sandalwood (Santalum Album or Heart Wood)
- Balaka (Hribera or Pavonia Odorata)
- Musta (Cyperus Rotundus)
- Gambhari (Gmelina Arborea)
- Nilotpala (Utpala or Nymphea Stellata)
- Priyangu (Callicarpa Macrophylla)
- Padmaka (Prunus Poddum)
- Lodhra (Symplocos Racemosa)
- Manjishta (Rubia Cordifolia)
- Raktachandana (Pterocarpus Marsupium)
- Patha (Cyclea Peltata)
- Kiratatikta (Swertia Chiraita)
- Nyagrodha (Ficus Benghalensis)
- Pippali (Long Pepper)
- Madhuka (Madhuka Longifolia)
- Rasna (Pluchea Lanceolate)
- Patola (Pointed Gourd Leaf)
- Kanchanara (Bauhinia Variegate)
- Amratvak (Bark of mango)
- Mocharasa (Shalmali or Bombax Malabaricum)
- Dhataki (Woodfordia Fruticose)
- Draksha (Dry grapes)
- Sharkara (Sugar candy)
Chandanasava can be used to treat urinary tract infections. It relieves burning micturition, and an increased frequency of urination caused due to the infections in the kidneys, urinary bladder, or the urethra. The antibacterial properties of the herbs used in this medication act against the bacteria and clear up the infection.It also acts as a diuretic and helps in flushing out the infection-causing germs and other toxic substances from the body. The diuretic action of Chandanasava helps in preventing retention of fluids in the body.Digestive disorders
Chandanasava has been found to help in treating several digestive diseases and provide relief from flatulence, bloating, constipation, nausea, vomiting, and indigestion. It improves the digestion power and enhances the functions of the stomach and the intestines. It also boosts the production of digestive juices in these organs. It regulates the secretion of bile in the liver thus ensuring proper metabolism of fats. It also increases the production of insulin and digestive enzymes by the pancreas and other organs thus boosting the metabolic functions. It increases the breakdown, assimilation, and absorption of nutrients from the food thus increasing the nourishment of the body.Cardio-protective action
Chandanasava acts as a cardiac tonic and supports the heart functions. It regulates the heartbeats and the pumping action of the heart.
Dosage of Baidyanath Chandanasava
- 12 – 24 ml usually after food, or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
- It can be mixed with equal quantity of water, if the taste is not tolerated by the patient.
- It is usually administered for 1 – 2 months of time.
- It can be used safely for a period of upto 3 – 4 months.
- According to ingredients’ analysis, most of its ingredients may not cause any unwanted effects in pregnancy, but it should be taken if it is essentially required and under professional supervision.
- Diabetic people should regularly check their blood glucose level if taking Chandanasava because it contains sugar content, which may alter the blood glucose level.