Classical Ayurvedic Formulation enriched with natural ingredients for good health
Also known as
About Baidyanath Arogyavardhini Vati
Baidyanath Arogyavardhini Vati (also known as Arogyavardhini Gutika Rasa) is an ayurvedic herbal mineral formulation. It addresses almost all types of bodily ailments. It is useful in issues related to the heart, stomach, liver, intestines, spleen, gall bladder, skin, teeth and gums.
Arogyavardhini Vati is also helpful in thyroid disorders, obesity, diabetes, edema due to any underlying cause, psoriasis etc.
Indications of Baidyanath Arogyavardhini Vati
- High cholesterol levels
- Chronic Constipation
- Inflammation of gallbladder
- Gas or flatulence
- Abdominal distension
Ingredients of Baidyanath Arogyavardhini Vati
- Picrorhiza Kurroa (Kutki)
- Shuddha Guggulu
- Plumbago Zeylanica (Chitrak)
- Shilajit (purified asphaltum)
- Emblica officinalis (Amla, Indian Gooseberry)
- Terminalia Bellirica (Bibhitaki)
- Terminalia Chebula (Haritaki)
- Parad Purified (Shuddha Parad)
- Purified Sulfur (Shuddha Gandhak)
- Loha Bhasma (Lauh Bhasma)
- Tamra Bhasma
Benefits & Medicinal Uses of Baidyanath Arogyavardhini Vati
Arogyavardhini Vati mainly works on digestive system. Ayurveda believes a proper digestion is a main component of health. If digestion becomes poor, it leads to various diseases in the body. Generally, poor digestion may cause malabsorption and production of more toxins (AMA) in the body, which ultimately cause a variety of disorders. The second factor is constipation. Constipation is also a root of many diseases in the body. Arogyavardhini Vati works on both. It improves digestion and corrects metabolic activities in the body. It also cures constipation and prevents diseases.
Arogyavardhini Vati reduces cholesterol levels by improving liver functions. It also prevents deposition of plaque in the blood vessels. It also prevents atherosclerosis (hardening of blood vessels). Thus, it helps patients with high cholesterol levels and heart diseases.
However, it may not have direct influence on reducing elevated blood pressure, but it reduces lipids in the blood vessels and sometimes, high cholesterol levels and atherosclerosis are the main causes of hypertension. It works slowly and its action can appear only after 3 to 4 month regular therapy with it.
Some patients with high blood pressure have following symptoms.
- Redness in eyes
- Pain around eyes
Ancient scholars actually formulated formula of Arogyavardhini Vati to work on constipation. However, it is beneficial in all types of constipation, but it mainly works well in chronic type. It has following actions in chronic constipation.
- It provides strength to the intestines due to Shilajit and other minerals present in it.
- It stimulates the secretion of bile from the liver and bile improves peristaltic movements of intestine, which ultimately helps facilitating the movement of stool from the intestines to lower end of the large intestine.
- It softens the stools and reduces hard stool formation.
- It reduces excessive stickiness or fattiness of stools to the intestinal walls, which facilitates stool movement.
- It improves digestion and facilitates a proper absorption of nutrients in the body.
Liver Disorders & Hepatitis
Arogyavardhini Vati is generally good for following liver conditions.
- Fatty liver syndrome
- Edema associated with liver disease
- Inflammatory diseases of liver
- Viral hepatitis
- Alcoholic hepatitis
Loss of appetite & Indigestion
Arogyavardhini Vati contains CHIRAK herb and long pepper, which increases appetite and reduces indigestion.
Gas, Flatulence & Bloating
Herbs present in Arogyavardhini Vati have anti-flatulent action and reduces gas formation in the alimentary canal. Hence, Arogyavardhini Vati reduces intestinal gas, flatulence, bloating and abdominal distension.
Dosage of Arogyavardhini Vati
- The dosage of Arogyavardhini Vati varies from 250 mg to 1000 grams twice or thrice a day. The maximum dosage of Arogyavardhini Vati should not exceed from 3 grams a day.
Precautions of Arogyavardhini Vati
- Burning sensation (But if KAPHA is dominant or AMA is associated with PITTA, then arogyavardhini vati may be useful, otherwise it is contraindicated.)
- Ulceration in mouth (only if inflamed ulcer with redness, burning and intense pain)
- Increase bleeding (very rare)
- Vertigo (very rare)
- Arogyavardhini Vati is likely to be UNSAFE in pregnancy. Therefore, there are many safer alternatives available, so you should never use Arogyavardhini Vati in pregnancy.
- The safety profile is not available for breastfeeding, so you should stay on safer side and avoid using Arogyavardhini Vati during lactation period.
- The medicine should not be taken during kidney disease.
Terms and Conditions
We have assumed that you have consulted a physician before purchasing this medicine and are not self medicating.