For Burning Sensation, Vomiting, Hyperacidity, Colic and Painful Micturition
About Amlapittantak Lauh
Amlapittantak Lauh is an Ayurvedic medicine in tablet form, beneficial of acidity and gastritis. This medicine contains heavy metal ingredients, hence should only be taken under strict medical supervision. This medicine is most commonly used in north Indian Ayurvedic practice.
Ingredients of Amlapittantak Lauha
The formulation of Amlapittantak Lauha (Bhaishjya Ratanavali):
- Shuddha Parad
- Shuddha Gandhak
- Mandur Bhasma
- Kanta lauha Bhasma
- Abhraka Bhasma
Indications of Amlapittantak Lauha
- It gives relief in excessive pitta.
- It has antacid properties.
- It has Analgesic and anti-inflammatory property.
- It is also useful in burning urination, loose motion, vomiting due to excess pitta etc.
- It improves hemoglobin level.
Uses of Amlapittantak Lauha
Amlapittantak Lauha indicated in hyperacidity or Amlapitta (condition in which the level of acid in the gastric juices is excessive, causing discomfort). Hyperacidity causes acid reflux, burping, hiccups, nausea, pain and burning in abdomen etc.
- Hyperacidity, Indigestion, vomiting
- Colic, Loss of appetite
- Liver problem
- Heart burn
- Acid reflux disease, acid peptic disorders
Amlapittantak Lauh dosage
- 250 mg once or twice a day, before or after food or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
- It is advised along with water decoction prepared with coriander seeds, Haritaki and Fennel seeds.
- Take this medicine in precise dose and for limited period of time, as advised by doctor.
- It is best avoided in pregnancy, lactation and in children.
- Keep out of reach and sight of children.
- Store in a dry cool place.
Terms and Conditions
We have assumed that you have consulted a physician before purchasing this medicine and are not self medicating.