7 (cm) x 7 (cm) x 7.5 (cm)
Chirayata Churna or Chirayata Powder is pure herb powder.It contains only one ingredient that is Swertia chirata.Chiraita or Swertia chirata, is used traditionally for purification of vitiated blood, chronic skin diseases, poisoning, chronic fevers, anaemia, and oedema. It is also given for cough, intrinsic hemorrhage and affections of the urinary tract. It has anthelmintic, astringent, bitter tonic, blood purifying, febrifuge, stomachic, antidiarrheal, antispasmodic activities. Chirayata is tonic for heart, liver, and eyes. It is useful in toxic blood, enlarged spleen. It is used to treat liver, catarrh, intestinal spasms, anemia, indigestion, and diabetes.Chirayta reduces Kapha and Pitta and increases Vata. It should be taken cautiously in high Vata.
Only ingredient of this powder is Swertia chirata (also known as Kirata, Kirataka, Bhunimba, Kiratatiktaka).
- Chiretta is bitter in taste (Rasa), pungent after digestion (Vipaka), and is cool in effect (Virya).
- Rasa (taste): Bitter
- Guna (quality): Light, dry, flowing
- Virya (energy): Cooling
- Vipaka (post-digestive effect): Pungent
- It is a Katu Vipak herb. Vipak refers to post-digestive (effect after digestion / cooking of Rasa) effect of tastes after its mixing with digestive juices. It is the long-term effect of herb.
- Katu Viapk herbs, increases dryness in body. Such foods reduce fertility and Kapha. Intake of this herbs aggravates Vata and gas in body. Katu vipaak has catabolic effect on body.
- Javarhar: Alleviates fever
- Krimighna: Anthelmintic
- Kushthahar: Used in skin diseases
- Raktdoshhar: Cures impurities of the blood
- Svashhar: Alleviates asthma
- Trishnashodhana: Relieves thirst
- Alterative: Alter favorably the course of an ailment.
- Anthelmintic: Expel parasitic worms (helminths) and other internal parasites from the body.
- Anti-inflammatory: Reducing inflammation by acting on body mechanisms.
- Antipyretic/antifebrile/febrifuge: Effective against fever.
- Appetizer: Improves appetite.
- Bitter tonic: Tonic of bitter taste, acts chiefly by stimulating the appetite and improving digestion.
- Cholagogue: Promotes the discharge of bile from the system, purging it downward.
- Cooling: Lower body temperature to relieve pain, swelling and reduces body heat.
- Depurative: Purifying agent.
- Expectorant: Promotes the secretion of sputum by the air passages, used to treat coughs.
- Hepatoprotective: Prevent damage to the liver.
- It is useful for various types of skin problems such as redness, inflammation, itching, burning etc.
- It detoxifies blood.
- It removes toxins from blood and hence benefits in fever.
- It helps in intestinal worms.
- It is taken as a tonic, stomachic and febrifuge.
- It is a laxative and anthelmintic and useful for skin diseases.
- It is used for liver disorders and in the treatment of cholera.
- It gives relief in hyperacidity.
- It improves appetite.
- It is given in fever caused by derangement of three Dosha accompanied by sweating and thirst.
Important Therapeutic Uses
- Acne, pimple
- Blood purification
- Burning sensation
- Diseases of liver, jaundice
- Fever, Visham Jwar
- Impaired digestion
- Intestinal parasites
- Skin infections
- Various type of skin diseases caused due to blood impurities
- The recommended dosage of medicine is 1 to 3 grams.
- It should be taken twice a day, in the morning and evening.
- It is to be taken with water.
- Or take as directed by doctor.
Suggestions, Contraindications, Interactions, Side-effects and Warnings
- It is completely safe to take this medicine in recommended doses.
- Do not take in pregnancy.
- Do not take in high Vata.
- No drug-herb interaction in known.
- Effectivity of herbal medicine depends on many factors. A medicine suitable for one person may not essentially give same result in another person.
- Exact dose depends on the age, strength, digestive power of the patient, the nature of the illness, the state of the viscera and humours, and the properties of individual drugs.
- Keep away from the sight and reach of children.
We have assumed that you have consulted a physician before purchasing this medicine and are not self medicating.