This Dabur syrup is blended with natural ingredients, useful in cough, cold , high temperature , asthma , breathlessness, bronchitisProperties
Agastya Haritaki is a good tonic for lungs. Its main action appears in diseases of upper respiratory tract. It is helpful in common cold, allergic rhinitis, chronic sinus infection (sinusitis), cough due all underlying causes, asthma and hiccup. In addition to these, it is also helpful in abdominal diseases including loss of desire to eat, irritable bowel syndrome, and haemorrhoids.
Indications of Dabur Agastya Haritaki
- Cough with various underlying causes
- Breathing difficulty and Asthma
- Common cold
- Allergic rhinitis
- Chronic sinus infection (sinusitis)
- Debility after tuberculosis
- Loss of desire to eat
- Premature Greying of Hair
- Intermittent Fever
- Polyuria & Frequent Urination
Ingredients of Dabur Agastya Haritaki
- Aegle Marmelos–Bilva(Indian Bael)
- Premna Serratifolia (Premna Mucronata & Premna Integrifolia) – Agnimantha (Arani)
- Oroxylum Indicum – Shyonaka
- Stereospermum Suaveolens – Patala
- Gmelina Arborea – Gambhari (Beech wood/Kasmari)
- Solanum Indicum – Brihati (Indian Nightshade)
- Solanum Xanthocarpum – Kantakari
- Desmodium Gangeticum – Shalaparni
- Uraria Picta – Prishnaparni
- Tribulus Terrestris – Gokshura
- Mucuna Pruriens – Kaunch seeds
- Convolvulus Pluricaulis – Shankhpushpi
- Hedychium Spicatum – Shati (Kapoor Kachri)
- Sida Cordifolia – Bala
- Scindapsus Officinalis – Gajpippali (Gajapippal)
- Achyranthes Aspera – Apamarga
- Piper longum – Pippali (Long pepper) root
- Plumbago Zeylanica – Chitrak
- Clerodendrum Serratum – Bharangi
- Inula Racemosa – Pushkarmool
- Hordeum Vulgare – Jau (Barley Grain)
- Terminalia Chebula – Haritaki (Chebulic Myrobalan)
- Water for Decoction
- Cow’s Ghee (Clarified Butter)
- Sesame Oil
- Piper longum–Pippali(Long pepper)fruit
Agastya Haritaki is useful in chronic respiratory problems. It eases in breathing, reduces chest congestion, reduces attacks of asthma, improves digestion, sharpens immune response in the body against microbes. It also acts as respiratory tonic and provides strength to the lungs.
Agastya Haritaki has several ingredients, which are well-known for their anti-inflammatory action. In bronchitis, it helps reducing inflammation of lining of bronchial tubes and exerting soothing effects. It also reduces fatigue, slight fever and shortness of breath and chest discomfort associated with bronchitis. It also has mucolytic action, which helps in making the mucus less thick. Thickened mucus is the main symptom, which can be reduced taking this medicine.Cough
Agastya Haritaki is used as a common medicine for cough of various underlying causes, but characterizing by thick mucus, which is difficult to cough up. It also helps in dry persistent or chronic cough, but it should be taken with warm milk in such cases. It reduces inflammation, irritation and gives relief from the cough.Asthma & Breathing Difficulty
Agastya Haritaki is a respiratory tonic for asthma patients. It reduces frequency of asthma attacks. A well-prepared Agasthya Haritaki provides life-long benefits to patients who are suffering with asthma and allergies. It provides strength to the lungs and makes them capable for tolerating irritants without triggering asthma attacks. So, it prevents frequent asthma attacks.
When patient has frequent breathing troubles, it can also be used for reducing symptoms and their intensity. It dilates the airways, reduces mucus production, and helps in easier breathing
Many people have breathing troubles or cough at night, which troubles in sleeping. Other symptoms are wheezing, shortness of breath and persistent cough attacks. In such cases, Agasthya Rasayanam is also beneficial. In these conditions, it should be taken in evening after sunset and the second dosage should be repeated at late night.
Along with Turmeric (Haldi) and Black Pepper (Kali Mirch) or Haridra Khand, Agastya Haritaki helps reducing sneezing, runny nose, congestion, sinus pressure and postnasal drip in allergic rhinitis. It also itself has anti-allergic action, which also helps reducing symptoms of hay fever, but the results are more promising when it is used along with Turmeric or its preparations.Dosage of Dabur Agastya Haritaki
- Infants(Age Up To 12 Months)-500 mg to 1 gram
- Toddler (Age: 1 – 3 yrs)-1 to 3 grams
- Preschooler (3 – 5 yrs)-3 to 5 grams
- Grade-student (5 – 12 yrs)-5 to 7.5 grams
- Teenager (13 -19 yrs)-7.5 to 15 grams
- Adults (19 to 60 yrs)-10 to 20 grams
- Geriatric (above 60 yrs)-10 grams
- Pregnancy-5 to 10 grams
- Lactation-10 grams
- Maximum Possible Dosage-60 grams Per Day (in divided doses)
- Twice a day with warm water
- The common side effect of Agastya Haritaki is mild loose stools, which occurs due to laxative action of Terminalia Chebula in this formulation.
- It is digestive, having more potency toward hotness and stimulates acid secretion in the stomach, which like to increase the PITTA manifestation.
- Therefore, some patients with dominance of PITTA manifestation can experience rare side effects like heartburn, burning sensation in the abdomen, loose stools with burning sensation etc.
- When it is taken with milk, heartburn and burning sensation in the abdomen can be avoided, but loose stools can still occur.
Terms and Conditions
We have assumed that you have consulted a physician before purchasing this medicine and are not self medicating.