Useful in Recurrent Dysentery, Diarrhea, Colitis, IBS and Intestinal Disorders.
Dimensions 7 (cm) x 7 (cm) x 18 (cm)
Kutajarishta is a liquid Ayurvedic medicine, used in the treatment of diarrhoea, dysentery, IBS etc. It contains 5 – 10 % of self generated alcohol in it. This self generated alcohol and the water present in the product acts as a media to deliver water and alcohol soluble the active herbal components to the body.Ingredients
- Holarrhena antidysenterica (Kutaja)-Stem bark
- Dry grapes (Mridveeka)
- Madhuca indica (Madhuka)–FLower
- Gmelina arborea (Kashmari)–Stem bark/root
- water for Kashayam
- Jaggery (Guda)
- Woodfordia fruticosa (Dhataki)-flower
Benefits and UsesBenefits of Kutajarishta
- This medicine strengthen digestive power.
- It treats loose motion and bloody dysentery.
- It is completely herbal and does not pose health risks.
- It is easily available. In North India it is called ‘Kutajarishta’ and in Southern part ‘Kutajarishtam’.
- Grahani (malabsorption syndrome), Sprue
- Pravahika (dysentery), Chronic diarrhea
- Rakt-atisara (diarrhea with blood)
- Chronic fever, long continued fever
- Colitis, Bleeding Piles with discharge of mucus
- Corrects digestion, appetite and assimilation
- Also useful in cough
- 12 – 24 ml. one or two times a day, usually advised after food.
- If needed, it can be mixed with equal quantity of water.
It is safe to use this medicine in lower dose, in children above 5 years of age.
Pregnancy and lactation
- During pregnancy it is best to take only under medical supervision.
- Self medication during pregnancy should be avoided.
- It can be taken during lactation period, under doctor’s advice, for a short period of time.
Store in a cool place in tightly closed amber coloured bottle, protect from light and moisture.
We have assumed that you have consulted a physician before purchasing this medicine and are not self medicating.